Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46423 - 12/15/13 06:47 AM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
can anyone recommend anyone who works out of baseball plus in hicksville? Heard a few names thrown around Harold Miner, Reggie Jackson? thanks

Reggie Jackson? see if he has Reggie bars from the series

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
A few quick words
#46446 - 12/16/13 06:46 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your post was the smartest and most accurate post in this entire thread.

#46485 - 12/18/13 04:52 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Bayside]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Easy answer. Baseball Player Magazine Training Center in Jericho
Has a few real good hitting guys. Tom Merkle is great( played for the Marlins)---- Oreste Morrera(formally from BBP and an major leaguer), and now Craig Thompson is starting to do lessons at Baseball Player Magazine Training Center also. Brand new ,clean facility with HEAT and AC !!!!! Ill never go to that [***censored***] hole BBP again.

#46513 - 12/19/13 04:49 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Easy answer. Baseball Player Magazine Training Center in Jericho
Has a few real good hitting guys. Tom Merkle is great( played for the Marlins)---- Oreste Morrera(formally from BBP and an major leaguer), and now Craig Thompson is starting to do lessons at Baseball Player Magazine Training Center also. Brand new ,clean facility with HEAT and AC !!!!! Ill never go to that [***censored***] hole BBP again.

I agree. went there the other night and it is great. Super clean and warm. A REAL baseball facility. The magazine is pretty cool also.

#46869 - 01/11/14 08:49 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Bayside]
Anonymous
Unregistered

When it comes to instruction on long island, hitting or otherwise its tough. Not all players make for great coaches, but I have found that the more time the player had in pro baseball the better he not only instructed but the less ego you had to deal with.

So what I recommend is if you can find a person who has played in the MLB or at least double A, look him up. Look any instructor up on Baseball Reference. See what kind of career he had. See what kind of players he might have played with. Shoot see if the MLB team had sick talent in front of him that kept him down. Don’t be afraid to ask the person why he thinks he didn’t go any further. Guys who love the game wont mind the questions. I can tell you this. I have been around guys who have played two months in a minors. I’ve been around guys who have played nothing but independent ball. And also been around a few guys who have played a minimum of 8 years in the minors reaching triple A. I have to say the guys who played the longest and had reached the higher levels have always been better to deal with. They don’t ever seem to try to sell me on them or try to use gimmicks.

#46873 - 01/12/14 03:21 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Bayside]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Frank Catalanotto A 14 year MLB Veteran with over a 290 lifetime batting average, should be put on the list as well.

#46888 - 01/13/14 07:54 AM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Bayside]
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about pitching instructors who's who really would like some input. My son is pretty good needs a little fine tuning. And everybody has the best instructor would like some opinions. Thanks .

#46901 - 01/14/14 05:11 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Frank Catalanotto A 14 year MLB Veteran with over a 290 lifetime batting average, should be put on the list as well.

Oreste Morrera, hit 240 HR in the minors. Played for the Dodgers for a couple of years. Works out of Baseball Player Magazine.

#46929 - 01/15/14 04:58 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

When it comes to instruction on long island, hitting or otherwise its tough. Not all players make for great coaches, but I have found that the more time the player had in pro baseball the better he not only instructed but the less ego you had to deal with.

So what I recommend is if you can find a person who has played in the MLB or at least double A, look him up. Look any instructor up on Baseball Reference. See what kind of career he had. See what kind of players he might have played with. Shoot see if the MLB team had sick talent in front of him that kept him down. Don&#146;t be afraid to ask the person why he thinks he didn&#146;t go any further. Guys who love the game wont mind the questions. I can tell you this. I have been around guys who have played two months in a minors. I&#146;ve been around guys who have played nothing but independent ball. And also been around a few guys who have played a minimum of 8 years in the minors reaching triple A. I have to say the guys who played the longest and had reached the higher levels have always been better to deal with. They don&#146;t ever seem to try to sell me on them or try to use gimmicks.

And I have been around a major leaguer who teaches the swing that looks nothing like the swing he used when he was playing. Just because he played professionally doesn't mean he knows or can teach your kid the right way to hit. Go online and look up all the hitting sites and hitting instructors. Most of the really good one's have never played professionally, but are used by the professionals. That says a lot...

#46930 - 01/15/14 04:59 PM Re: Best Hitting Instructors [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

can anyone recommend anyone who works out of baseball plus in hicksville? Heard a few names thrown around Harold Miner, Reggie Jackson? thanks

Reggie Jackson? see if he has Reggie bars from the series

"Answer the phone" that is all you need to know....

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  admin, Boardumpire, JohnnyAngel 
Recent Posts
The Reality in Long Island Baseball
by Anonymous
Yesterday at 12:03 PM
12u 2014 baseball
by Anonymous
Yesterday at 07:53 AM
Travel Organizations
by Anonymous
Yesterday at 05:46 AM
Best 13u teams
by Anonymous
Yesterday at 12:42 AM
2013/2014 14U fast pitch
by Anonymous
09/16/14 10:25 PM
2014 11u
by Anonymous
09/16/14 02:58 PM
Trophy Chasers
by Anonymous
09/14/14 07:48 PM
Need some drop 3 bat recommendations
by Anonymous
09/14/14 07:19 PM
Showcase/Travel class of 2015
by Anonymous
09/11/14 02:03 PM
Coach horror stories
by Anonymous
09/09/14 08:06 AM
Who's Online
1 registered (markinny), 705 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
fatman, mcr590, jping44, Small Ball1, corefour
1314 Registered Users
Forum Stats
1314 Members
9 Forums
395 Topics
28433 Posts

Max Online: 7377 @ 08/14/12 01:32 PM

Message Board Disclaimer: The comments posted on this message board are the property of their posters. Use common sense in deciding what to post. You should know that its your responsibility if you offend anyone, not ours. As a general guide, don't break copyright laws or post anything derogatory, illegal or VERY rude etc This bulletin board is not the official site of any of the baseball leagues mentioned.