Nassau HS/MS Directions and Schedules
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64148 - 06/07/17 11:34 AM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Third Base on Michigan is an ex TLI player, plus there are many others. Please know what you are talking about!

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
A few quick words
#64156 - 06/07/17 07:00 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
" the comment was about watching college softball - SEC softball -". I dont know what SEC game you watched but it seems that the SEC teams are loaded with slappers. And sincerely doubt that your 3B can throw them out.

I sincerely doubt any of your slappers will be on an SEC team, let alone play on any SEC teams (not even TLI girls will play or even be on a team in that conference). So maybe her 3B won't throw out an SEC slapper, but I think she will throw out most of your slappers

Another wrong assumption is that all the slaps go to the 3rd base side.

If the ball's not going to 3B, is she executing correctly? I thought the whole concept of slapping was to hit the ball to 3B or SS, then try to beat the throw. I don't know why a good lefty hitter doesn't just swing away, and go for a double, why settle for an IF single. Does the coach not have confidence in her ability to swing?

The slap you are talking about is a Slap bunt , the idea behind the skill is to hit the ball to a place on the infield that's farthest from the place where the out needs to be made. Then there is a power slap,where the focus is on placing the ball just past the infielders but short of the outfielders, or into the gap towards the fence.

#64158 - 06/07/17 08:42 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So after watching OK/FLA, I think it's safe to say, pitching & power win championships! We can put the slapping vs power debate to sleep.

#64167 - 06/08/17 08:04 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If these players are so good that they can place a 60-65 MPH pitch any place they want, while moving, no less, then they should be good enough to hit the same pitch into any gap between the OF, and run for a double or triple! no???

#64174 - 06/09/17 07:17 AM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Bob K]
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a trainer my slippers typically have a higher on base percentage vs power hitters and once one base steal more often because they are quick. This skill takes years of training to perfect and is a valuable asset college recruiters seek.

#65893 - 06/02/18 11:49 AM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Bob K]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had an umpire call my batter out for stepping out of the box after she took a pitch and didnít swing. Saying she has to stay in the box even if she doesnít swing. Iíve never heard of such a thing. (Said it was a new Oklahoma hs rule. Thoughts?

#65899 - 06/03/18 04:48 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had an umpire call my batter out for stepping out of the box after she took a pitch and didnít swing. Saying she has to stay in the box even if she doesnít swing. Iíve never heard of such a thing. (Said it was a new Oklahoma hs rule. Thoughts?

It is almost close to impossible for an ump to watch for balls and strike and pay attention to where the foot of the slapper is. Either he is paying attention to the kid's foot or strikes.

#65900 - 06/03/18 04:51 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

So after watching OK/FLA, I think it's safe to say, pitching & power win championships! We can put the slapping vs power debate to sleep.

One game cannot define whether slap hitting has a place in softball. The Oaklahoma squad a couplr of years ago were loaded with slappers. You play your strengths and with what you have.

#65901 - 06/03/18 04:52 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

If these players are so good that they can place a 60-65 MPH pitch any place they want, while moving, no less, then they should be good enough to hit the same pitch into any gap between the OF, and run for a double or triple! no???

Thats the same argument that all strike pitches should have been hit for a home run.

#65902 - 06/03/18 04:54 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yet both pf them are out of the series. Huskies are in. Guess how they scored and eventually eliminated Oaklahoma? You guessed it. Small ball via slapping.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  admin 
Recent Posts
2018 14u Softball
by Anonymous
10/13/18 10:08 PM
Travel Organizations
by Anonymous
10/13/18 06:09 AM
Cooperstown Grandfather Certificate For 2019
by Anonymous
10/11/18 04:25 PM
12u 2017/2018 Softball
by Anonymous
10/11/18 03:05 AM
2018 Cooperstown Grandfather Certificate needed
by Anonymous
10/06/18 08:06 PM
2019 Cooperstown Grandfather Certificate Purchase
by Sal967
10/05/18 08:08 AM
Cooperstown Dreams Park Grandfather Cert
by Pitcher 14
10/03/18 08:40 PM
2016 Cooperstown dreams park certificate
by Sal967
10/02/18 12:45 PM
2018 16u Softball
by Anonymous
09/17/18 04:07 AM
Who's Online
0 registered (), 169 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
HN12u, schaeffer, Sal967, jullybina, utajuze
1629 Registered Users
Forum Stats
1630 Members
9 Forums
537 Topics
40826 Posts

Max Online: 7377 @ 08/14/12 01:32 PM

Message Board Disclaimer: The comments posted on this message board are the property of their posters. Use common sense in deciding what to post. You should know that its your responsibility if you offend anyone, not ours. As a general guide, don't break copyright laws or post anything derogatory, illegal or VERY rude etc This bulletin board is not the official site of any of the baseball leagues mentioned.