New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47360 - 02/25/14 07:27 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
LI Force in Bellmore/Wantagh area one of the best. Very good coaches and excellent new facility.

LOL

They don't have softball teams.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
A few quick words
#47364 - 02/25/14 09:28 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Fastpitch Junkie restated what I said, find a coach not a jersey. So when you say I hear Team XYZ is a good organization you have to realize you are not playing on an organization but rather a certain team in a certain organization. It is the TEAM and the COACH that runs the team and at the younger age groups, especiallly 8U, the organization has NO interest in what goes on with the team unless a coach is embarrasing the organization. Also understand why play for Team Awesome and be the 3rd pitcher or 2nd short stop when you can play for Team Sorta Awesome and be the #1 or 2 pitcher or the #1 short stop. Despite what the big teams say they are all basically the same animal, they go to the same recruiting tourny's for the most part, in fact they play each other all summer all over the north east. Some will BS you and say the get more kids into D-1 then others, well I call BS on that. Go to the big team web sites and discover yourself. My advice 12U and under dont worry what team your kid is on, just have fun and make sure she is learning and not being verbally abused. From 12U on and college is an option you gotta go to the big teams for recruiting for the exact reason Junkie said. I personally know several kids from softball, baseball and lacrosse that stayed on Daddy teams and found out in 11th grade no collleges knew who they were or cared. They often found themselves playing on the backfields or the off site fields at the college tourny's where no college coaches dare tread. Go to multiple try outs, talk to the coach and players on the team and find out what tourny's they play in. You may find yourself on a "B" team on Team Really Awesome that rarely leaves LI, kowledge is key, don't be afraid to move to another team but get yourself settled by 16U at the latest so the coaches have a personal interest in your childs success. For the really motivated guys ask around and find out what are the big college tourny's, then go to the tourny website and look up what teams are there from LI. It is usually the Big Teams and not always every big team, also look up the schedules and find out what fields they are playing on. Is it main fields, off site a mixture? This more than anything else should prove to you the value of a team to get your child exposed to college coaches. A friend of my daughters recently traveled to Disney with a Big Team for a big tourny only to find themselves off site and never played at Disney world but spent thousands of dollars to go. Meanwhile her other friend went and played at ESPN Fields 3 or 4 times against top teams from the Nation, she too plays for a Big Team. And I know people who swear by the other organization that got shut out of ESPN fields and trashes the other organization that played on the key fields. You decide what team is better for exposure, the one 10 miles away from ESPN or the one at ESPN. I know I got wordy but I wish I knew then what I know now, and it sickens me to listen to parents talk about certain organizations like they already made it to D-1 cause of their travel team, it don't go like that!!! And I feel sorry for their kids when it doesn't go like that and they are suddenly in 12th grade and are still looking for a college and are heartbroken when clearly less talented kids have been signed or verbaled for months but they played for Team Awesome and they can't understand why the 3rd string pithcer or 2nd string outfielder isn't playing for Michigan.

So what you are saying is this is the last year for Daddy ball teams like Extreme, chargers and Ducks?

#47367 - 02/25/14 01:16 PM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: lima]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agree -- LI Force well run organization with excellent facilities. Good training even if the teams have not faired well in local tournaments and leagues.

#47375 - 02/26/14 07:49 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: lima]
Fastpitch Junkie Offline
Hall of Fame

Since the title of this tread is simply Travel Organizations, you have participation from the baseball community as well. That is because on he left side of this webpage, it lists 'Recent Posts' and people just see the title of this thread without seeing that it is listed under the Softball Message Board.

So a recommendation is that in the future, if anyone posts a new thread to discuss fastpitch softball, make sure to use the term Fastpitch or Softball in the title. This will not completely eliminate infiltration by baseball posters but will give us a better chance of keeping the discussion on where it intended to be.

#47378 - 02/26/14 08:29 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: lima]
Fastpitch Junkie Offline
Hall of Fame

Well, I can not guarantee that this is the last year for Daddy-ball teams that you have listed. I am sure that there are several that will continue on especially for kids that don't have high aspirations of taking their game to the college level. So staying where they are to continue to enjoy the game at a more recreational level is absolutely fine.

What I am saying is that any player currently playing at high 14U, 16U or 18U on a father run team that has aspirations of playing in college needs to re-evaluate their situation and get themselves on a team that:

1. Has Coaches that understand what it takes to train and expose your daughter to College level competition,
2. Has a reputation and track record of placing kids into College programs
3. Has developed relationships with College Coaches giving themselves credibility as a travel ball coach they can trust when discussing a possible recruit.

On LI there are a number of organization that have done exactly this, they are:

1. Team LI
2. LI Chargers
3. Sudden Impact
4. LI Express
5. LI Ducks
6. LI Bandits
7. LI Hurricanes
8. Team Nitro
9. LI Anthem
10. LI Pride
11. Frozen Ropes

So my recommendation to any player looking to play in college is to find yourselves a spot on one of these teams to give you the best chance of finding the right college for them.

#47380 - 02/26/14 08:53 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: lima]
Fastpitch Junkie Offline
Hall of Fame

Let me supplement my last statement by saying getting yourself on one of these teams is just one step in the recruiting process. The other half of it is the 'marketing' of the player or your child to colleges she is interested in attending.

Understand these college coaches receive hundreds and thousands of emails from potential recruits, so having your child on one of the above teams also 'validates' her as a player worth taking a look at and going to see at one of the showcase tournaments.

#47416 - 02/27/14 06:40 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: Fastpitch Junkie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Fastpitch Junkie
Well, I can not guarantee that this is the last year for Daddy-ball teams that you have listed. I am sure that there are several that will continue on especially for kids that don't have high aspirations of taking their game to the college level. So staying where they are to continue to enjoy the game at a more recreational level is absolutely fine.

What I am saying is that any player currently playing at high 14U, 16U or 18U on a father run team that has aspirations of playing in college needs to re-evaluate their situation and get themselves on a team that:

1. Has Coaches that understand what it takes to train and expose your daughter to College level competition,
3. Has developed relationships with College Coaches giving themselves credibility as a travel ball coach they can trust when discussing a possible recruit.

1. Team LI
2. LI Chargers
3. Sudden Impact
4. LI Express
5. LI Ducks
6. LI Bandits
7. LI Hurricanes
8. Team Nitro
9. LI Anthem
10. LI Pride
11. Frozen Ropes

So my recommendation to any player looking to play in college is to find yourselves a spot on one of these teams to give you the best chance of finding the right college for them.

Team LI is a league of their own, for sure.
Frozen Ropes, softball, is really improving and has the coaches and facility to bring in better players. Great value considering the opportunities they give to post-HS players.
LI Ducks always has great coaches and gives players a shot to play after HS.
Bandits, some really good some just OK.

#47417 - 02/27/14 08:38 AM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: Fastpitch Junkie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. Team LI
2. LI Chargers
3. Sudden Impact
4. LI Express
5. LI Ducks
6. LI Bandits
7. LI Hurricanes
8. Team Nitro
9. LI Anthem
10. LI Pride
11. Frozen Ropes

First team on the list, LI Chargers. Check their webpage, they had 3 girls commit to any college for 2013 class. Farmingdale and 2 Suny schools. They must have great experience to get 3 girls out of all of their girls in any college playing softball. Let me jump ship now, have my daughter leave her current team and the good experience she is having now to play with the Chargers so my daughter can play softball at Farmingdale.

#47423 - 02/27/14 12:54 PM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. Team LI
2. LI Chargers
3. Sudden Impact
4. LI Express
5. LI Ducks
6. LI Bandits
7. LI Hurricanes
8. Team Nitro
9. LI Anthem
10. LI Pride
11. Frozen Ropes

First team on the list, LI Chargers. Check their webpage, they had 3 girls commit to any college for 2013 class. Farmingdale and 2 Suny schools. They must have great experience to get 3 girls out of all of their girls in any college playing softball. Let me jump ship now, have my daughter leave her current team and the good experience she is having now to play with the Chargers so my daughter can play softball at Farmingdale.

Pretty funny.

#47429 - 02/27/14 08:05 PM Re: Travel Organizations [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can't really judge an organization on just one year. All teams have players with different talent levels which translates into what division they will play in college. The Chargers had 3 2013 seniors on the team. They all went to D3 schools. Good for them. The 2012 team had 3 girls go D1, 1 D2 and 2 D3. The current 2014 team has a mix of all three divisions. For all the teams on the list its different every year. Some years the talent is senior heavy while other years its the younger girls. You have to judge organizations over a longer period of time.
So I guess what your thinking is if a college basketball team had three number 1 draft picks one year and none the next you wouldn't send your kid to that school. Interesting

Page 2 of 176 < 1 2 3 4 ... 175 176 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  admin, Boardumpire 
Recent Posts
Conflict of Interest
by Shorebird 13
05/22/19 12:24 PM
2019 Cooperstown Grandfather Certificate Purchase
by Anonymous
05/22/19 12:07 PM
2018 14u Softball
by Anonymous
05/18/19 03:29 PM
SUFFOLK BASEBALL
by Anonymous
05/17/19 11:08 AM
2018 13u
by Anonymous
05/17/19 11:06 AM
Rules for Slap Hitting
by Anonymous
04/30/19 11:14 AM
Travel Organizations
by Anonymous
04/29/19 06:58 PM
High School Softball
by Anonymous
04/27/19 05:57 AM
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 276 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BMize, salomoncrosk, Bart, elite34, Gridirongoons1
1651 Registered Users
Forum Stats
1652 Members
9 Forums
540 Topics
41169 Posts

Max Online: 7377 @ 08/14/12 01:32 PM

Message Board Disclaimer: The comments posted on this message board are the property of their posters. Use common sense in deciding what to post. You should know that its your responsibility if you offend anyone, not ours. As a general guide, don't break copyright laws or post anything derogatory, illegal or VERY rude etc This bulletin board is not the official site of any of the baseball leagues mentioned.