Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66568 - 03/04/19 04:41 PM Conflict of Interest
Sayshea Offline
I'm new, help me

Good Day Gentleman,

Was wondering what the rules are if any in New York about High School who also Coaches Travel Ball. Especially when the affected age group is currently coming down the pipeline. I know in other states there are strict rules prohibiting this. Any information would be appreciated. This seems like a major conflict of interest and has the potential to negatively affect the program.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
A few quick words
#66609 - 03/22/19 11:44 AM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Sayshea]
Anonymous
Unregistered

unfortunately this is all to common on long island I keep hearing more and more stories of coaches not giving the playing time to players who don't play fall ball or switch to their organizations. I know this first hand and as I would like to say what town I know their would just be more implications I would hope that one day someone could put a stop to this .It is a shame when you see last years starting players siting on bench or getting their playing time cut in half for not paying to play at their coaches organization This is not the thoughts of little Johnny's dad who thinks his son is the next jeter but of a quality player who will not get a fair shake from their high school coaches at least they can receive help from their travel organizations and yes I know there's corruption there as well. This practice is unfair and unjust and boarders on extortion and happens all over Nassau and suffolk

#66621 - 03/26/19 07:49 AM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Sayshea]
Shorebird 13 Offline
Just Drafted

Aren't most coaches hired through the school? I agree if there is a direct coaching connection to a travel team that players for that particular school play for then its tricky. The players are probably making the team regardless of coach but playing time is definitely a question. The unfair and unjust part comes in playing time. I also think that some parents have to face a reality that there child might not be as good as others in those particular positions.

#66678 - 04/18/19 10:51 AM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Sayshea]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
unfortunately this is all to common on long island I keep hearing more and more stories of coaches not giving the playing time to players who don't play fall ball or switch to their organizations. I know this first hand and as I would like to say what town I know their would just be more implications I would hope that one day someone could put a stop to this .It is a shame when you see last years starting players siting on bench or getting their playing time cut in half for not paying to play at their coaches organization This is not the thoughts of little Johnny's dad who thinks his son is the next jeter but of a quality player who will not get a fair shake from their high school coaches at least they can receive help from their travel organizations and yes I know there's corruption there as well. This practice is unfair and unjust and boarders on extortion and happens all over Nassau and suffolk

This is spot on. Ridiculous that you can have travel coaches (that may have a financial interest in recruiting players) also coaching school ball, where you might have many kids from different travel organizations (or none at all) competing for playing time.

This should not be allowed to happen. Clear conflict of interest that cannot be effectively managed.

#66684 - 04/30/19 03:45 AM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Sayshea]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go complain to the school boards instead of on here and doing nothing about it. Oh no I forgot. You would have to show your faces then. Cowards.

#66689 - 05/06/19 12:20 PM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow another name calling fool. Instead of maybe contributing something your resort to stupid name calling. The one thing I can tell though is that your Mother or Father was a total ignorant moron. I just cant tell which but I know one was because of the foolish behavior your display.

#66690 - 05/06/19 05:27 PM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lol the fact that you wont go complain to a school board who don't do anything is not a coward. Complain in person let it get back to the Coaches who will be so happy to hear you complaining and hold it against your child ? No thanks. That doesn't make you a coward , just smart , keyboard gansta. To ask or be against travel Coaches also being in charge of a school program is a conflict of interest plain and simple. Things like this go on because they are abusing potions of power plain and simple. But apologies for bringing it up Computer Tough Guy.

#66701 - 05/12/19 11:45 AM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Sayshea]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know several varsity baseball coaches who run travel teams also. Not one of them would ever play an inferior kid on varsity because he plays for them in summer. These guys want to win!!! Most of these guys want kids playing for them in summer because they donít want the idiot travel coaches instructing their talented players. Travel baseball and unfortunately some school baseball are full of idiot coaches who think they can coach because they watch it on TV and may of played varsity. Most travel parents donít know what a good coach is because they never had one and may never have one. So for the guys who truly know what they are doing out there they damn sure want their best players playing for them in summer

#66707 - 05/15/19 01:00 PM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's understood there are good Coaches it's still a conflict of interest.

#66708 - 05/15/19 03:52 PM Re: Conflict of Interest [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No matter what they do or who you know it's still a conflict of interest plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  admin, Boardumpire, JohnnyAngel 
Recent Posts
Conflict of Interest
by Shorebird 13
05/22/19 12:24 PM
2019 Cooperstown Grandfather Certificate Purchase
by Anonymous
05/22/19 12:07 PM
2018 14u Softball
by Anonymous
05/18/19 03:29 PM
SUFFOLK BASEBALL
by Anonymous
05/17/19 11:08 AM
2018 13u
by Anonymous
05/17/19 11:06 AM
Rules for Slap Hitting
by Anonymous
04/30/19 11:14 AM
Travel Organizations
by Anonymous
04/29/19 06:58 PM
High School Softball
by Anonymous
04/27/19 05:57 AM
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 276 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BMize, salomoncrosk, Bart, elite34, Gridirongoons1
1651 Registered Users
Forum Stats
1652 Members
9 Forums
540 Topics
41169 Posts

Max Online: 7377 @ 08/14/12 01:32 PM

Message Board Disclaimer: The comments posted on this message board are the property of their posters. Use common sense in deciding what to post. You should know that its your responsibility if you offend anyone, not ours. As a general guide, don't break copyright laws or post anything derogatory, illegal or VERY rude etc This bulletin board is not the official site of any of the baseball leagues mentioned.