Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
New Reply
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63682 - 04/22/17 09:11 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I often see players in both HS and College stepping out of the box before they make contact on a slap hit. It's annoying because Umps never make that call.

This complaint can only come from the parent of a pitcher.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
A few quick words
#63687 - 04/23/17 04:08 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Bob K]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just an observation watching college ball on tv. It seems to me the game is moving back to power hitters rather than slappers. Not a knock on slappers at all. It just something noticed

#63700 - 04/24/17 07:53 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just an observation watching college ball on tv. It seems to me the game is moving back to power hitters rather than slappers. Not a knock on slappers at all. It just something noticed

I don't see the advantage of slapping. The batter runs toward the pitcher, makes contact, & still needs to turn to run toward 1st. It seems more of defensive style of hitting, you take a fast girl that's a so-so hitter, make her lefty, tell her to make contact, on the ground & run & hope she beats it. If a girl can hit, just let her swing, she will hit the ball more solidly, and get down the line just as fast. I still have my fast batters bunt, that makes the fielder move.... Watching games on TV, most slappers are thrown out, unless they bunt. It looks like at the college level, those players are making clean plays & strong throws. Some hits are beat out, but more are thrown out. Just my observation. But please when you play my teams, have your lefties slap....it's usually a nice 1 hop grounder to 3rd for an out.

#63714 - 04/27/17 11:08 AM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You couldn't be more wrong with regards to the strategy of slap hitting. Just another know it all Dad without a clue how the game is supposed to be played.

To your point, if not executed correctly, can be a liability but there are girls who have gotten full scholarship on their ability to slap (correctly). There are many girls who can execute the skill correctly (yes, even on Long Island). And before someone on this board accuses me of being defensive because DD is a slapper, she's not. She's a long ball hitter. She does not have the speed to be a slapper.

Good luck with your team.

#63735 - 05/01/17 02:37 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't see the advantage of slapping. The batter runs toward the pitcher, makes contact, & still needs to turn to run toward 1st. It seems more of defensive style of hitting, you take a fast girl that's a so-so hitter, make her lefty, tell her to make contact, on the ground & run & hope she beats it. If a girl can hit, just let her swing, she will hit the ball more solidly, and get down the line just as fast. I still have my fast batters bunt, that makes the fielder move.... Watching games on TV, most slappers are thrown out, unless they bunt. It looks like at the college level, those players are making clean plays & strong throws. Some hits are beat out, but more are thrown out. Just my observation. But please when you play my teams, have your lefties slap....it's usually a nice 1 hop grounder to 3rd for an out.

I have watched the tli 99 play and they have a few slappers in their line up. Haa your team played them? And if so, how did the slappers fair against your team?

#63750 - 05/04/17 06:51 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have watched the tli 99 play and they have a few slappers in their line up. Haa your team played them? And if so, how did the slappers fair against your team?

First of all it wasn't a knock on slappers - just pointing out the trend.back towards power hitting. I'm sure it will cycle again like everything. And we play TLI and know they slap so we play them for that - so maybe 60-40 that they reach base. And again the comment was about watching college softball - SEC softball - TLI is no comparison

#63758 - 05/05/17 05:00 AM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Curious minds want to know, what is your team ?

#63767 - 05/05/17 08:13 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not watched Team 99 play. they're older than my team. I would like to see how they fare at the college level. I have 2 fast righties that hit just fine. I would never consider turning them to slappers. If they can get on base by hitting or bunting (righties can bunt too), I don't see the point of slapping. It's obvious that girls get scholarships for slapping. I would love to do a comparison of girls that swing vs slap, & see who gets more scholarships. I would think a batter that can hit, gets $$ regardless of lefty or righty.

#63770 - 05/06/17 06:42 AM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Such an arrogant, close minded, ignorant approach to the game. And you call yourself a coach?

#63774 - 05/07/17 01:13 PM Re: Rules for Slap Hitting [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Storm Academy philosophy at its best.(or at its worst).
HARD WORK AND DEDICATION ... ALWAYS

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  admin 
Recent Posts
Cooperstown 2021 Grandfather Pass Needed!
by Brink39
06/24/20 08:35 AM
Travel Organizations
by Anonymous
06/23/20 11:37 AM
Who's Online
0 registered (), 363 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brink39, liliapysk, traa1, dea1, izepip
1695 Registered Users
Forum Stats
1695 Members
9 Forums
577 Topics
41687 Posts

Max Online: 7377 @ 08/14/12 01:32 PM

Message Board Disclaimer: The comments posted on this message board are the property of their posters. Use common sense in deciding what to post. You should know that its your responsibility if you offend anyone, not ours. As a general guide, don't break copyright laws or post anything derogatory, illegal or VERY rude etc This bulletin board is not the official site of any of the baseball leagues mentioned.